Sunday 27 September 2015

LA PHOTO DU LUNDI #31 - DEVIL'S DEAL

LA PHOTO DU LUNDI #31 
(MONDAY'S PICTURE)
DEVIL'S DEAL



When I was a little girl,
I have lots of cousins who liked to frightened me with legends and stories.
Especially when we were visiting my family in the Lot area.
One, particularly, impressed me and I was terribly reluctant to go there...
Padirac, the famous abyss where Saint-Martin and the Devil challenged themselves...

One day, the Good Saint-Martin was looking for souls to save when he meet the Devil who proposed a deal : 
- Jump, he said, over an obstacle that I will show you and if you manage to cross it, then I will gave you the souls I carry to Hell.
Saint Martin accepts. The devil then strike his heel and the ground opens to reveal the famous Padirac.
- Jump to the other side and you have won!
Without hesitation, Saint Martin gets on his mule, makes the sign of cross and spurs his mount. The animal made such a leap over the abyss, falling in the other side that the trace of his hoof remains engraved still... 

I have been there since with my children when they had the same age, approximately, as I,
Many, many years ago.
They were not afraid at all.
No worries, Maman, you know, the Devil does not exist...
Ouf...


No comments:

Post a Comment