Monday 24 November 2014

GO KARTING

GO KARTING

The story of my daughter and the go-karting began like the nursery rhyme of Agatha Christie's novel, "Ten little Men".
No one is killed there no worries. No, only the pride of all those little boys who appeared to be at the same time as my daughter on the track...


Let me explain. I always like go-karting, especially this one in the South of France in the Garrigue (scrubland), a marvel... At 10 years old, my daughter express her desire to try it as well "Please!". Ok, but you know, there are only little boys who might be naughty behind a wheel.".. She did not care. Let's go then. You should have seen us arriving at the go-karting : my daughter with her goldilocks, her pink trousers and all the little boys (OMG! OMG! OMG!). I was so scared, the boys were laughing up one's sleeve. I was mortified... The nice owner of the go-karting, Michel, was very kind with my daughter. He put her at ease on the kart, explaining her what to do with the brake, the track, etc... She was so tiny in the kart compare to the "boys"...
And then something happen.... My daughter was good, very good, extremely good.... She overtook all the boys, one by one, like in the nursery rhyme. Smiling in her pink trousers. She won. The boys tried to conceal their tears. And no one wanted to go on the podium for a picture...
Since, we go regularly at the go-karting when it's holiday time. New boys on the track learned that "goldilocks" is very good. Some who knows her do not wish to go when they see her (it is true...). And when there is a lot of children on the track, the owner nicely gave my daughter "his" competition kart (be careful with this one little girl...). Yes, Michel. And she went, at full speed, smiling with her pink trousers and her goldilocks well tucked in her helmet...

Please click here if you want to see the fabulous track of Grabel where my daughter goes to (it is not her on the video...).

You may not be able to go to Grabel  to go-kart but in London, the Edmonton one is very good (indoor though...). The track is 400m in length allowing drivers to reach speeds....of up to 40mph...

GO-KARTING EDMONTON (CLICK HERE) FOR INFORMATION.



No comments:

Post a Comment